Tuesday, December 18, 2012

What is it like to have free time on you hands


  • There's "ME" Time for the personal beauty regimen I sometime's never get to do especially on hectic weeks since I only have one day off. I bought these items on a whim and its the first time I tried them and I'm glad that a.) I am not allergic to them, and b) they proved to be worth my money.
    • Watson's Glam line for Nose Strips delivered its promise of effectively removing blackheads from problem spots ! At only P 99.00 for 12 strips, usable 2x a week in between 3 day intervals, not bad!
    • I used Beauty Bar's Apple and Evening Primrose Mask after using the nose strip since my skin felt a bit tight and dry! and now my skin is shiny (not in the mood to add a pic of my face and scare you all off). This one is sold for P 39.00 each but if you buy 2 at a time, the set costs P59.00 only and this one can be used daily in place of your moisturizing creams.  





  • I get to read random internet pages without feeling guilty that I was not reading my cases!   
    • Just like this Cracked article which basically gave sense to the roller coaster of emotions I could not adequately put into words whenever law school chucks my self-esteem down the window. Dare I say, it took him 13 years to come up with these realizations, I went to law school and got a crash course.
  • Another bout of series cramming / movie hopping as well
    • Like a discussion on "Who is Gossip Girl?" and its none other than Dan - Pathetic - Humphrey.

    • Rurouni Kenshin the Movie ! 
      • Oh-god-its-so-so-awesome-iamdeadsigh-o/ Because it was sooooo fdamn gooooood, instead from a limited run of 5 days (December 5 to 10), SM Supermalls realized they had a sleeper hit and decided to extend showing until December 24, just before the Metro Manila Film Festival forces every foreign film out of the cinema in favor of some original Filipino flop movie (self-hate much I know, but I shall continue to diss until they find an original plot).
      • It totally captivated the essence of the anime. In fact I started watching my anime cd's right after I got home and the movie got everything in the first 3 episodes right even with the lone strand of hair in Saitou's face during the opening!
      • Sadly the movie ended just around the first arc, which was only until the introduction of Megumi into the plot, so sadly we don't get to see our dearly beloved Aoshi and Misao :< 




    • Cloud Atlas
      • This movie spans for three hours with about six different plots running at the same time. As one youtube comment put it, "its determined to confuse in the first hour." Its not an "awwww" gushing movie; However I found the movie to be running on one general theme only but depicted in the six different scenarios set in multiple eras not depicted linearly (because each scenario started with the past then went back to the future then somehow explained everything in the present) . 
      • On top of that it only had like 8 all star actors portraying the six different roles which was what made the film amazing because they were in character and one can really see the range and mettle of skills that they had to differentiate one from the other.
  • On other news I can see my floor again! Joke, but at least I am not having dreams that my paper stacks of readings would topple over me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment