Saturday, September 3, 2011

Out from my reverie

September used to be such a jovial thing to look forward to. It meant that I could sing, "Last Christmas I gave you my heart", or "Jingle Bells" without someone looking at me, thinking I was insane for singing it out of season. September harkened Christmas, my favorite time of the year especially when I was still working. It meant Christmas bonuses, and well triple pay for holidays that I'll end up working because when you are single and the youngest among the lot, all the oldies go on vacations touting their seniority to allow them to do so.

It also gave one an excuse to catch-up with long forgotten friends without having to go through the awkward moments of them asking you where have you been? Once I've been called a ninja because I just disappear. Sometimes though, I think that I am starting to dread all these catch-up coffees where you learn everyone else is getting married, having children, while I am, well here. Not that I want to have a family already God forbid, but its like everyone I know seem to have moved on, while I am doing my best to type up the rest of my reviewers and try not to dread the end of September and finals.

I think I like this semester better though. I missed my old batchmates and I'm beginning to feel like my old self again.  Less grumpy and actually enjoying what I am reading (or not reading). Heck, I even get to see my old undergraduate crush woot woot! Except for well, the fact that there are more instances of me feeling like, "oh shit, how many papers do I still have to type?" I am happy as a clam

Priorities shift and change through the years. I am quite thankful that I am able to do what I have said I will do way back from kindergarten. Living out the childhood dream(or more appropriately real life hell?) is the thought that moves me to trudge on and to chase the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. May my quest not end up to be that of Don Quixote's chase for the elusive Dulcinea.


  







No comments:

Post a Comment